Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Oatmeal Chocolate White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies



Phew that's a mouthful to say!

I spent my afternoon doing laundry, cleaning up the house, and doing my run. Not much quilting to report, but I did make my hubby his favorite cookies for his birthday. I made them for the first time this Christmas from this website (I changed it to half regular choc chips and half white instead of all white. Oh and I added an extra egg white) and they were a big hit.

They are sooo dangerous. Good thing I have my magical calorie wand from Ann! I know the APQer's have seen this before but it just cracks me up!

With a wave of this wand
Calories are banished.
They must be,
I can't see them.
I'm sure they have
vanished!

My delicious (and now calorie free) cookies are displayed on one of (yup just one of) my wonderful Christmas gifts from Ann.

Now where's the milk...

10 comments:

Connie said...

Sound sooooooooooooo GOOD!

Marsha B said...

They do sound good and they have all the things my husband likes, so will have to give them a try! I had never seen that recipe site before, so I added it to my favorites to check out some more. Thanks for sharing!

Marsha

---"Love" said...

How sweet it is --- the cookies and the quilt!
---"Love"

a good yarn said...

What a delicious combination! I'm so glad you like the wand. I wore mine out over Christmas and need to upgrade to a heavy duty model for a while. (pats pudding belly in guilty manner). Cheers, Ann :-)

antique quilter said...

cookies look good but I LOVE the quilt they are sitting on!
soooo pretty!
Kathie

Alf and Lily Creations said...

If you eat them standing up the calories dont stick :) Yum they look good, we have a snow here, again!, so cookies are on the entertaining list!

Katie said...

The cookies look and sound fantastic. I was looking (half-heartedly, I admit it) for a new recipe to bake this week and I think you just answered my wish! The best part is that I think I have all the ingredients on hand!

Katie said...

I made these cookies last night and I'm so glad I did! They are wonderful. Lots of stuff and not much cookie when making the dough balls, but they bake up well and taste amazing. Crunchy, so definitely a good companion to a tall glass of milk! Thank you for sharing!

Alma Allen said...

Hi Christine!

Oh, we are totally the thimble sisters! Wish I was there to have cookies with you. Love your quilt too!

Fer said...

Aw YUM!!! Think I'll have to try that one! Must find me one of those wands though..... ! :D